Pros and Cons of Classpass
Looking to get that summer bod on a dime?!
Classpass is a great alternative and/or supplement to a gym membership. Explore the city. Test out new fitness studios. Try activities you normally wouldn’t. Make an adventure out of fitness!
Going to the gym can feel old after a while. If you’re like me and get bored easily, Classpass is a great way to bring excitement to your workouts. Classpass has dozens of options to choose from. Feel like getting an intense ab or leg work out? Barry’s Bootcamp has you covered. Want to learn the choreography from Justin Bieber’s “Sorry” music video… YES, that’s an option!
I’ve altered my workout routine to include a class once a week. I’ll go to the gym regularly and when I need that burst of excitement, I’ll redeem one of my classpasses.
In today’s tech savvy world, Classpass creates an easy-to-use platform to sign up and get fit!
Below are some PROS and CONS:
- Refer a friend and get $40 credit. When you refer a friend and they sign up for Classpass, you and your friend BOTH receive $40 credit to your accounts.
- The App is also super user friendly! Sort by metro, class type, workout type, neighborhood, day, and time. You can favorite studios you enjoy, to make scheduling future classes more convenient.
- Reviews and Suggestions. Similar to Yelp, Classpass allows you to rank and review classes. Pick the right class for you based off the feedback from other users!
- Variety of classes to choose from. Classpass offers so many options, you can select a diverse group of fitness classes into your workout routine.
- FREE CLASSES. Classpass offers FREE classes that you can sign up for without using any from your package. These classes have less variety/options, but it’s still nice to have if you are using Classpass as your primary gym membership.
- You can only redeem your classes at the same studio twice per monthly cycle. So if you love that one particular class at the one particular Barry’s Bootcamp, you can only attend it twice in the month. Then you have to wait for your monthly membership cycle to refresh next month before you can go back. Though it’s not a complete negative. You can always bounce around to other sister studios to redeem the rest of your classes.
- No rollover classes. If you do not redeem all of the classes in your cycle, you lose those out on those classes.
- No more “gym-time”. Classpass use to offer “Gym Time”, which was entry into any participating gym (for no particular class) to use the gym equipment. The Gym-Time package was a cheap add-on to your monthly subscription. When this was an option, Classpass was a great alternative to having a gym-membership, because there were so many gyms you could redeem at, it made working out super convenient. They no longer offer this package, which blows. You can still use one of your “classes” towards a Gym-time, but it’s no longer as cheap as it was prior.