With New York City, San Francisco, Los Angeles among large cities (and states) mandating that gyms close down so not to continue the spread of COVID-19, commonly referred to as the “coronavirus”, ClassPass has updated their response to COVID-19. A couple days ago, they released some membership changes that would help calm any fears if the containment last a month or two.
Since then things have changed dramatically with the country’s largest, most-well known cities shutting down not just gyms, but movie theatres, restaurants and more. Below you’ll see the latest from ClassPass’ CEO Fritz Lanman:
We recently reached out with membership changes in response to COVID-19, but since then the situation in the New York has changed. With the announcement of government mandated closures and shutdowns, we will be taking additional steps in response to these measures.What does this mean for you?
- Effective immediately, we are suspending billing on your ClassPass membership until further notice, even if you have already paused your account.
- Any upcoming reservations will be automatically canceled and those credits will be returned to your account.
- Should those reservations fall within a 12-hour cancellation window, you will not be subject to a late cancellation fee.
- All upcoming classes will be unavailable for booking until further notice to support local quarantine policies and business closures.
- Once studios reopen and classes become bookable again, we’ll let you know. At that time, your credits and outstanding billing cycle days will be available for use.
- Lastly, if you’d prefer to cancel at this time, we’re happy to refund you for any unused portion of your current cycle. Reach out to our Customer Experience team, who can take care of this for you.
The email went on to remind the member that they could still take advantage of ClassPass’ audio and video workouts until it was safe again to attend group fitness classes in person again. Things are changing and ClassPass is changing with them. We think the moves they’ve detailed out above make a lot of sense and we applaud ClassPass for stepping up so quickly.