Fritz Lanman, the CEO of ClassPass has put out an official statement and update to how ClassPass is responding to COVID-19. In short, the fitness subscription company is allowing users to rollover any unused credits that won’t expire until June 1, 2020. In top of that, they’re allowing increased flexibility if you need to cancel a class. Here’s the full details and email statement we received from the company today:
Our top priority at ClassPass is your health and wellness — it’s the foundation of everything we do. While that focus has always been on keeping you active, the recent spread of COVID-19 has shifted our focus to supporting your safety and well-being. In light of recent events, we are taking the necessary precautions to support your safety, and that of your community.
What does this mean for you?
- With situations changing day by day and hour by hour, we recognize your routine will likely change significantly. Starting now through June 1, 2020, we will be rolling over all unused credits at the end of your cycle to ensure you have the flexibility you need to take proper precautions. No credits will expire before June 1; after June 1, we will return to our standard rollover policy where up to 10 credits can be rolled over into your next billing cycle.
- If you’d like to pause your account, you can do so within Account Settings. If you choose to pause, you will not be billed for additional credits at your next subscription cycle. All unused credits at the end of your current cycle will be available for use once your account is active again.
- If you have or make a reservation that you subsequently do not feel well or safe traveling to or taking due to COVID-19, please reach out to our Customer Experience team and select the “COVID-19” dropdown option. We will waive any associated cancellation fees now through the end of March.
We know that staying active is not only part of your routine — it’s often a critical component of your mental well-being. If you want to continue to stay active but aren’t feeling safe visiting your local studio, we encourage you to take advantage of ClassPass’ audio and video workouts. You can find them all on the app or by logging in to your ClassPass account on your computer.
What else can you do?
Continue to protect yourself against the spread of COVID-19 with the following recommendations from the World Health Organization:
- Wash your hands frequently with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer or with soap and water, and be sure to clean your exercise equipment
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, mouth and nose
- Maintain at least 1 meter (or 3 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing
- If you have a fever, cough or difficulty breathing, seek immediate medical attention
As this situation continues to evolve, we will update you with any additional changes. In the meantime, stay healthy and safe – we will get through this together.